An Ideal Man!December 15, 2009 at 1:29 pm | Posted in Arashi, Ninomiya Kazunari | 4 Comments
Tags: Arashi, interviews, Ninomiya Kazunari (Nino)
I was reading the latest translated interviews in an Arashi community and read Nino’s solo interview in a certain magazine. I realized, just as I usually do, that Nino has really deep thoughts which are very touching and true most of the time. And I say that I love Nino’s interviews. They seem to be so pure and sincere. And now I’m really starting to notice that his interviews are very loved by Arashi members and we all find them philosophical and interesting of Nino. I just love Nino. ^-^
Here are bits from the magazine translation. The green indicates the interviewer.
- From Ninomiya Kazunari, various expressions can be seen peeking out. He has received high praise as an actor, but even in such a place, glimpses of it shows up. With those acting skills, he has also just received the Individual Galaxy award.“It’s something to be grateful for. It’s just, I also thought, “What’s with that?” It’s like, receiving a prize does not mean you’re great.”It’s exactly because of his cool-headed way of saying that, that his present “greatness” exists. He does not get high spirited at glory. He is not shaken. Even regarding the tremendous popularity of Arashi, he has the same point of view.
- “If we’re talking about it ultimately, with work or anything, I think of myself as the person who created the present situation I am in right now. Of course, in this world, there are cases like in which you apply to enter a company that you wish to, but that’s not like that. However, because it’s the path that you have chosen for yourself, won’t you have fun in your own way? Even I myself, even if I’m busy, I think I’m happy just to be able to work.”
- I want to live by accepting my partner’s feelings
No matter what, it changes based on how he wants to accepts it. That’s why, he values having positive feelings.
“For example, even when you’re complaining, if the basis for it is filled with positive feelings of wanting to advance forward, then it won’t be a complaint, and the person who is listening to it won’t hate it as well. In actuality, I think that I myself too, became stronger after being able to be grasp various things in an affirmative way. Even things that I don’t like, the things that are far away from me, I accept them honestly. Not accepting them with criticism, but to accept them affirmatively, my own possibilities are widened, and I think it is also connected to self-confidence.”
- It’s not the form, but saying thank you from the heart that is important
“What I’ve thought along the way after coming in contact with so many different people during work is, manners are important. Even though I say that, it doesn’t mean things like speaking in keigo (formal language) to seniors. Because words with no heart in them have no meaning in them. I want to be someone who always say “thank you” from the bottom of my heart.”
- For the sake of myself, to not compare myself with others, and to not be swept away
“I think the fact that this group called Arashi has stayed unchanged for all this time is because we don’t compare with anyone. We have never been subservient towards great people that we see, and on the other hand, we haven’t been swept away in that direction as well. Even as an individual, I think, isn’t it the best to just walk the path that you believe in?”
Nino might be a brat to many Arashi fans, but, unlike them, I see the more sincere and deep thinker Nino. I know him more in his inner sentimental yet objective side. In that interview I just read, you can see Nino as a very humble, hardworking, and optimistic person. Even in dark and lonely times he finds ways to feel better and enjoy all that he is given. He doesn’t complain but see the good ideas of others too. And, according to him, all the awards he received and his popularity, doesn’t change or shake him. He’s still the happy Nino who finds joy in his work and does his best in everything to reach success.
Pardon me for a little fangirling at this moment, but I really think that Nino can be an ideal guy for me. He’s my opposite, and rather than discouraging me it actually made me think that, ah, I would like someone as deep, sincere, humble, hardworking, optimistic, witty, and enthusiastic as Nino (and yeah, add the childish traits of him). I can’t really put every detail in words, but I can visualize it in my mind.
Ah… I really find Nino’s character/personality interesting. He’s not the perfect guy, but his imperfections and traits are really fascinating. I wonder if I could find someone like Nino. LOL. I want Nino to teach me a lot of things!
Not just Nino, but all the members of Arashi I really like. They are friends and brothers at the same time. They don’t compete with any other group but their own selves by improving what they can and working hard. These are just some of the things I like about Arashi.
I didn’t go to Simbang Gabi because I’ll be studying something. But I will if I can! I hope to celebrate a wonderful Christmas happy and in peace with everyone. May God grant this in our homes!
Credits: arashi_on, plueonigiri @ lj (Thanks!)