10 Hard Habits to BreakDecember 9, 2009 at 11:48 am | Posted in Myself, Uncategorized | 3 Comments
Tags: attitudes & habits
I couldn’t take it anymore. I’ve been very disappointed of myself because of the attitudes that I show to others. sometimes or often deliberately. And I guess I should be making a list of these attitudes/traits that have been wrecking the ship of peace in me. And here they are!
1. procrastination – self-explanatory. I tend to l postpone important tasks. And this isn’t producing good results.
2. querulousness – sorry if it’s too deep. It means tending to complain or find fault. And yes, I’m too querulous these days. I should just comply and see the brighter side of things, like when I complain that our Physics project is so difficult and umm… meaningless? Be optimistic, Yui!
3. criticizing – I may not directly criticize someone, but inside me is full of faultfinding and quick judgements on people. I see their mistakes more than their achievements. I don’t think this is healthy, for it doesn’t leave a satisfying feeling.
4. sharp tongue – And my mom and sisters agreed when I said this about myself. When I feel that I’m going to lose an argument and in any other stituation where I lose my temper, it comes out sharpened.
5. disobedience – My mom tells me to do this and that but I either postpone it or forget it (which is unintended but sometimes it is). And I feel so bad about it.
6. undirected – Sometimes I forget the purpose why I’m here or there. I grow tired of the things that I must do and liked to do, such as the student council projects. I need some inner inspiration and motivation.
7. making faces/eye-rolling -And I do not like to see myself do it. But lately I’ve been. And I know it’s VERY wrong and and “plastic.” Oh you bad attitude, do not ever enter my house again!
8. making excuses – When used for a really good purpose it’s okay. But to use it frequently and escaping situations is NOT good. I should face it, not escape from it.
9. easily angry/moody – My sister suggested this. She said I was irritating when I get angry. And it’s very easy for me to lose my temper which is a little turbulent. When I get angry it affects my personality a lot.
10. losing things – Ah! The losing things part. I should definitely try to fix this. I’ve been losing important stuffs recently and it gave me a lot of problems. I easily forget where I put things and I trouble the whole household to find it. Sigh. Let me fix this disappointing attitude.
I hope to rid myself of these. I am sure that they are not easy to fix or this season of goodness, but I’m sure the desire alone is mots pleasing to God. That’s why I shouldn’t give up. I’m sure I can be very good and nice to others and to myself.
“Love your neighbor as your self.”